Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Colon cleansing?

I have used the colon cleanse found at www.URCleanandLean.com and found it to be VERY beneficial for both myself and my husband. My husband was experiencing bloating, gassiness and bleeding and was very happy with the results! Nothing really happend during the first 4 or 5 days and I was kind of disappointed and ready to quit - but then WOW! I increased the tablets that come with the kit from 2 to 3 - twice per day and boy did I ever notice a difference! I didn't find any scary parasites (although I really didn't look that hard - yuk!) but I did find stuff that looked like it could have been egg sacks. Also, it didn't make me feel like I had to run the potty or stay close to one - which I was worried about. It just me go more in volume when I had to go - also I use to go only once or twice per week and now I go at least once or twice per day. Anyway, if you're looking for a good colon cleanse I recommend the one I used at www.URCleanandLean.comColon cleansing?
Colon cleansing has no benefit as a cancer therapy especially enemas.





If you mean having frequent bowel movements because of a high fiber diet, some studies have shown possible benefit in the prevention of colon cancer. The rationale behind this is cancer starts in the lining of the colon. Each time you have a bowel movement, parts of the lining are sloughed off. Therefore, cancer or pre-cancerous cells may be eliminated at its earliest stages.Colon cleansing?
My husband was a very old fashioned Scot. Whatever anyone had his answer was ';You need a good clean out'; Old wives tale? Perhaps, but there may be some truth to it.
Not only does colon cleansing provide no benefit, it can be downright dangerous. Contrary to popular belief, the inside of the colon -- the end of the large intestine -- isn't dirty and does not need to be cleaned out. Mother Nature does that on her own by making sure that waste passes through and out of your body, taking impurities with it.





Colon cleansing is a procedure that involves having an enema or using a laxative that completely evacuates the intestine. It has been touted as everything from a toxin remover to a cure for cancer. Some spas even offer the treatment. Use of enemas particularly scares me because it may involve unskilled personnel performing a procedure that could be harmful. The risk of damaging the rectum, and even perforating the bowel, is a real one.





There is no medical reason whatsoever for having a cleansing enema. Enemas are only for treating stubborn constipation and for preparing the colon for a test (for example, a barium enema) or for surgery. So if anyone other than your doctor suggests an enema, just say no. If you want to flush out impurities from your body, have another glass of water instead.





-- BY NANCY SNYDERMAN, M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment